Boudicca: Her Story

Boudicca: Her Story - Thomas Jerome Baker I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and unbiased review. I am a history buff and I have read a lot of books about western civilization. However I was utterly surprised to find that I had never heard of Boudicca, the first Queen of England. The more I got into the story the more I fell in love with this amazing, woman.

What a remarkable individual! Her drive, her courage, her commitment to her beliefs and her people left me astonished. When her husband the king passed away in AD 60 she found herself facing one of the largest empires in those days the Romans. They were greedy and always looking to take over lands and fortune from others to expend and prosper in the most despicable way. In this story they zeroed on Boudicca’s fortune. It was stunning as to how she decided she was not going to let them destroy her life.

Thomas Baker did an amazing job in presenting the story in the most authenticated way possible. The book is very well written and the plot easy to follow. The author provides a wonderful mixture of emotions that keep you eager to turn the pages. This was an amazing way for me to learn a part of history I had totally missed, and l loved it.

The book is a combination of actual facts and fantasy that gives the story a wonderful touch of the author’s imagination. Boudicca’s feelings of hurt and anger, while trying to take revenge against the Romans for violating her daughter were heartfelt. As a mother I feel I would have gone to the ends of the earth just as she did to right a wrong against my family. This is the kind of thing that would make a human being utterly fearless.

Thomas Baker provided an amazing story that kept me glued to the pages. When I arrived at the end of the story I found myself wanting to read more. He makes his characters come alive in the reader’s mind and that was very intriguing to me. Boudicca was a woman so filled with courage, she would give everything including her life to make things right. This is a very powerful story that I would recommend to any person that loves history and is interested in values, integrity, and passion for doing the right thing.