The Duel for Consuelo

The Duel for Consuelo - Claudia H. Long I purchased a copy of this book “The Duel for Consuelo” by Claudia Long in exchange for a fair and unbiased review. I have never read anything by this author and I must say I am really impressed. I do like historical novels and this one was one that exceeded my expectations. The time is the 18th century in Mexico and from the very few pages I was hooked.

The author does a fascinating job in presenting a plot full of action, suspense, loyalty, and sensual romance. The story takes you into the horrid and tumultuous times of the Spanish Inquisition. She has a wonderful writing style that captures the reader and keeps you glued to those pages from cover to cover.

I love the way she portraits Consuelo. Even during the times that women were not free to do and be who they wanted to be, Consuelo is strong, passionate and manages to take risks to be the woman she wanted to be under some pretty freighting situations. This is a compelling story that left me eager and hungry for more. The author blends the historic times with family loyalty, love, religious persecution and conflict all around. I was dumbfounded with the author’s ability to provide such a great story.

Claudia Long presents many characters that are absolutely superb, likable and very believable. She delivers a gripping tale that will take you on a wild ride filled with suspense and unforeseen twists and turns.

I would recommend this book to any person that loves historical romance, suspense, thrill, and beautiful relationships that will keep you enthralled.
This was an awesome book by a very talented author with a fabulous rich imagination. I can tell that she did extensive research to provide details of those horrifying times. The book is a great read.