Rogue Genesis (Shimmer in the Dark, #1)

Rogue Genesis (Shimmer in the Dark, #1) - Ceri London I purchased this book because the cover was very intriguing. I love science fiction and I was sure that this book was for me, and I was right. Only a third into the novel I found myself pulled into the plot like a magnet. “Rogue Genesis” by Ceri London is an amazing novel very well written and filled with a mixture of emotions, fantasy, thrill, suspense, drama and mystery. A very complex novel that kept me glued to the pages cover to cover.

The story is about a man from earth Niall Kearey, his wife Tami, Dr. Jacqueline Bison, and Uathach. Niall found from a very young age that he had an amazing ability to travel in a blink of an eye from earth to another world at the opposite side of the universe called Astereal. At first he thought it was simply a dream but soon he realized that it was really happening. He lived in two different worlds at the same time, which I found captivating and enthralling.

Astereal is a fantasy world brilliantly created by the author and it is in grave danger. It reminded me a little about superman and his planet Krypton before it was destroyed. The characters are very likable and very believable. London paints a picture of her characters cleverly and the reader can’t help but fall in love with them. Niall’s love and deep pledge to his family is remarkable.

The author did a fantastic job with this book. Niall’s life is very complicated and wonderfully presented by the author. On earth he is working trying to find a connection between supernatural and what is happening around him while keeping his family safe. In Astereal, he is a field general who is trying to transport many aliens to earth before their planet is destroyed.

I am so glad that I decided to buy the book, because I loved getting lost into this astounding plot. I don’t think I have ever read a science fiction book that I enjoyed more than this one, in a very long time. I would recommend this to anyone who in interested in science fiction and would like to read an absolutely fascinating book.